SWITCHRITE Switch Point Indicators in Indianapolis IN
SWITCHRITE is the safest solution for switch point indicators in Indianapolis IN. Using modern technology via reflectors, these switch point indicators are visible both day and night and in any visible type of weather. They also function in all types of weather, and they can operate without electricity or solar. Their positioning on the track clearly tells which direction the track is ran. Reflectors can be red, green, blue, or yellow. With this solution, the chances of derailment in Indianapolis would decrease significantly.
Indianapolis, Indiana is home to Hawthorne Yard (CSX Transportation Class 1 Railroad) of which SWITCHRITE is essential in keeping safe. To see SWITCHRITE installs and read what others have to say about our product, please visit the Installations and Endorsements Page. For questions about production, installation, and maintenance, please visit our FAQ page or contact us.
Hawthorne Yard and CSX Transportation
CSX Transportation is a Class I railroad operating in the Eastern United States and the Canadian provinces of Ontario and Quebec. Their headquarters may be in Indianapolis, Indiana. However, Hawthorne Yard is a crucial part of their 21,000 route miles of track.
Since 1986, they have been looking at safer ways to run their transport and SWITCHRITE is another step in that direction. SWITCHRITE would be an asset of safety and efficiency to any of their regional divisions in the following areas:
- Great Lakes Division in Indianapolis, Indiana
- Chicago Division in Calumet City, Illinois
- Albany Division in Selkirk, New York
- Baltimore Division in Baltimore, Maryland
- Louisville Division in Cincinnati, Ohio
- Montreal Subdivision (Albany Division) from Massena, New York to Beauharnois, Quebec
- Atlanta Division in Atlanta, Georgia
- Nashville Division in Nashville, Tennessee
- Florence Division in Florence, South Carolina
- Jacksonville Division in Jacksonville, Florida (at Dufford Center)